10 January 2010

our life...continued

I have been pretty lame at posting blogs, but now that I'm taking only 3 credits and am currently unemployed, I have plenty of time to post blogs. Of course now my life is boring and I will quite possibly have nothing to blog about. We'll see. I just posted the last of our Disneyland blogs. The further down you read, the less detail there is. Thus is the result of my memory and aching hand.

Update:
Currently, I am in opera workshop and am taking my last semester of voice lessons in preparation for my recital at the end of the semester. Derek is busy with a full schedule of Communications and History classes.

We spent Christmas in Mississippi again. We did a lot of driving, but it was worth it. Lots of good food and great company. My grades kicked butt this past semester, and I'm .04 away from graduating with a 3.8 (I'm currently at a 3.76). Maybe these two classes will pull it up. We'll see. Jackie and I are both off track and both looking for jobs. If you hear anything let us know. It's been nice- exercising, cooking, organizing, decorating. But the projects are depleting, and I can feel boredom coming around the corner.

Lately I've decided to make soups. It made more sense for Derek to grab a container from the freezer to heat up than spend $5.oo a day on lunch. So far I have made 2 different soups- both new from my favorite cookbook and both really really good. I plan on making Taco Soup this or next week- an oldie but goody.

Jackie has grabbed a handful of things from DI that have kept us busy. We spent last week sanding, painting, and hanging stuff on walls. Derek and i were blessed to receive a kitchen table in the mail. Putting that together would have been faster with two people working on it- thus the life of an unemployed wife. :) It only took me an hour and a half. Not bad. AND not one of the chairs are wobbly. (Patting myself on the back.)

So that's about it. I'm signing out for tonight.

1 comment: