25 January 2010

relief, distress & noodles

The past two weeks have been filled with job-searching, cleaning, cooking, quilt-tying, organizing, and building. Derek has been going to school and working non-stop. I'm so grateful for him.

The job-searching has been useless. I went to Quizno's today, and I think he was annoyed
and slightly insulted that I came in for a job. A couple weeks ago Jackie went in to get
an application and ask if they were hiring. An employee said he might be hiring a part-time day person in a few weeks. So, I went back today. "Who told you I was hiring?" One of your employees. As if I'm starting a horrible rumor that he sucks his thumb at night.

My mother-in-law and mom have helped me stay busy these past few weeks. Miss Melanie taught me how to make noodles over Thanksgiving,
so I'm becoming a better homemaker.
My mom sent a kitchen table and bookshelves. That helped me to stop flipping out over lack of organization and that "home" feeling I so needed. Now I can eat and do crafts at a table instead of hunching over
on the floor. My 'stuff' is now stacked high and organized instead of in bins. And I'm a little more sane.

The ties from the quilt/comforter Derek and I got for our wedding came out, so I'm spending any bored moment re-tying the quilt. It's a BIG quilt. I may be halfway done now.

Jackie and I have finished most of her home projects. Her apt is looking really fun.

I've been cooking more soups. Last week it was homemade chicken noodle (with homemade noodles) and taco soup. Mmmm. I was sure to store some in the freezer before we ate it all in one weekend.

No big adventures for the Wilcox family... at least not any time soon. I'm just preparing for my recital and opera scenes. Derek is oh so busy with work, but luckily for him he likes it. He's getting pumped for March Madness already. It was a very swift but smooth transition from college football to college basketball. For a while I didn't realize that when he said 'BYU' he was referring to basketball. What's the difference between BYU and BYU? The time. The season.

No comments:

Post a Comment