01 March 2010

all-nighter

So here we are. It's Monday 2:52 am, and we are not asleep. Derek has a presentation for class tomorrow and is still doing research. I've been helping slightly but got extremely drowsy with a queasy stomach so decided to go to bed. Obviously that didn't work out. As drowsy as I am, I can't sleep. Lots on my mind... mainly art songs. Hopefully that ends for a while after Wednesday. So I'm up again feeling weird and hoping sleep finds me soon. Until then I'm reading about composers of the songs I'm studying and encouraging Derek to keep up the good work. So here's his issue he's studying: merit pay for teachers, yes or no? He's assigned to the "no" half of the issue. As he studies it, he understands the "yes" side more, only if implemented correctly. Basically he's thinking there's not much knew to it... lawmakers are just trying to cut budgets by paying a few lucky teachers more and everyone else less.

Anywho... I'm excited for April. Mississippi family is coming (Mom, Dad, Sister)!!! I'll finally do my recital, which I am looking forward to instead of dreading more and more each day.

I'm excited for March (happy March by the way). My recital juries are in a few days, we have our Opera Scenes performance this weekend. St. Patrick's day... of course. AND Derek's birthday. THAT I am really excited for.

Last year for my 22nd birthday we ate at the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland. It was the coolest eating experience of my life. So, this year on the 23rd of March for his 23rd birthday, I'm turning our apartment into the Blue Bayou as much as I can. Jambalaya, Mint Juleps, Mississippi River, paper lanterns, candles (lightning bugs) and so much more. I'll be sure to take pictures.

Well, that's all for this hour, I believe. Wish us luck of productivity for the next few.

No comments:

Post a Comment