22 March 2010

Tomorrow, tomorrow!

One more day until Derek's awesome birthday, and I am antsy! Today I finished the last bit of shopping I needed for his birthday dinner, and over the weekend we finished a huge 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle as part of the decorations. I overestimated my abilities to put it together, so there will be only one puzzle instead of the two I had planned.


This last weekend was mainly spent putting together the puzzle but also spent practicing and taking pictures, all in recital preparation. Leigh-Annie Fanny took my pictures and did the makeup, and we're just getting more and more excited. We had too much fun doing it. As you can see, she's counting down as well.

Today, to keep me busy and my mind off tomorrow, I will be working on my program for the recital and cleaning the house so I don't have to do as much tomorrow. I know, this update isn't that interesting. I promise you will soon see pictures of Blue Bayou-inspired decorations and FOOD. Until you see the cuisine, here's a list. For lunch I will make us some Monte Cristo's. They're bayou-inspired Chicken Cordon Bleu...and cheaply/simply made. The cheap way is this: You make a meat and cheese sandwich and grill it like grill cheese... except the bread is prepared like french toast (dipped in egg, milk, and cinnamon). Dip it in raspberry jam, and ENJOY! Weird I know...but oh so good! For dinner we will enjoy my first ever Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya. I can't wait to see how it turns out. The recipe calls for 3 large onions. Mmm! For beverage, we'll have Mint Juleps (virgin). And for dessert, it's the classic cherry dump cake... only with apples! I'm beginning to think that I'm more excited about Derek's birthday than Derek is. :)

I just remembered that last week I made some bows for Liz. I got so excited about them that I bought supplies to make more. Enjoy.


Since I'm hyperlinking everyone's blog, I figure I should take to time to introduce you to a newcomer of the blogging world: Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment