09 March 2010

Derek's birthday is only two weeks away, and i am so excited! Before it comes I have some projects to finish to complete the atmosphere of the evening. I'm working on my second of two paintings to cover the windows. Honestly, they look like a third grader did them, so I'll just call them Impressionistic and move on. (just in case you can't figure it out... river, trees, grass, lightning bugs, flower patches)

Yesterday, Jackie and I made paper lanterns. I got a little carried away, but it was so fun and easy and they looked so awesome, I just kept going. I'm getting some battery-powered tealights from the dollar store to sit inside them and help light up the room.

I'm planning on turning my floor lamps into willow trees. We'll see how that turns out.

I completed a couple projects for Jackie's apartment. Leigh-Ann and I added some pizzazz to Jackie's white canisters for her kitchen. I didn't take nay pictures of those, but I probably should. I did take a picture of the huge nautical star they have... I painted it black and added patterned paper to fit their strict theme. It looks pretty darn cool.

Opera Scenes was this weekend, and it was awesome. I've never had so much fun being a disgusting, ugly witch. The pictures really don't do me justice.

I was also a village girl named Gianetta with a single line of my own that I played with such perfection, the scene would have been ruined without me. (Not!) So much makeup.

Derek gave me some lilies for my performance. How sweet! One is in full bloom , one is beginning to open, and one is still waiting to grace me with its presence later. It's pleasing to know that I will enjoy the flowers for more than a few days. Lilies last a long time, especially if you have some not-yet-bloomed buds. Well, this is all for today. I need to make lunch for Derek... and plan dinners for the week.

1 comment:

  1. wow! that star is AWESOME! the lanterns are too! and you look pretty cute as an ugly witch. you seem to be pretty good at keeping yourself busy... THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete