21 April 2010

Tomorrow is EARTH DAY

I'm thinking I'll never update the world with the important events of the past few months because It'll take too long to type. Maybe one day I'll at least post pictures.

For my birthday that is THIS Thursday (tomorrow), my best friend Leigh-Annie Fanny gave me the collection of Jane Austen's novels all bound in one FAT book. I started Sense and Sensibility and have decided after 10 chapters (short chapters compared to chapters these days) that Jane Austen is a better writer than most other women. That may be why she has her own section is bookstores and is considered one of the Greats next to Charles D. and Edgar A. P.

What's hard is imagining new characters because I saw the movie. So now Hugh Grant, Kate Winslet, and Professor Snape (don't care to look up his real name) are dressed in time-appropriate clothing and feeling but not expressing their thoughts...except for Marianne (Kate), of course.



The world has long decided that movies made after books are not as good as the books, and yet when a movie of a book I've read or heard of comes out, I have a strong desire to watch it and ruin the world I imagined for these people. My Harry Potter world was destroyed before I even read them...because I saw movies 1-4, read books 1-6, watched movie 5, and read books 6-7...in that order. How sad, but funny to imagine our movie star Hermione Granger with horribly frizzy hair. Only the first movie gives her hair justice. Why does everyone have to be so pretty?



So, let me tell you something exciting! Derek got me a birthday present, and (wait for it) I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!! He's pretty bad at sneaking and surprising. Last year for my b-day he had it easy, Disneyland. Christmas, he ordered the Michael Buble Christmas CD while I was sitting right next to him, then got it in the mail and left it on our bed so that when I walked in I wondered why he got me a gift for Thanksgiving. I could go on, but I won't. It's fun to know that he tries hard to do cool stuff for me. :) I really do appreciate it. What's awesome is that he's improving, hence the lack of knowing what he got me for my birthday. He ordered it. I tried to think of anything I thought of wanting and decided that I have no idea. How exciting!

Anyway, sorry for the boring post. I'll try to think of something interesting to mention next time.

3 comments:

  1. I want to read Jane Austen. If you like her so much, I probably will too... What is this fat book? Where can i get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh-Ann got it for me at a bookstore. This one was published by Penguin Books. She found it in the Jane Austen section. I will text you the SKU and a picture.

    ReplyDelete