07 April 2010

jane austen and vampires

I know I have a few things that I need to write about, namely Derek's birthday and my recital with all surrounding events included, but right now I want to give an update of today. Just today. I started and finished a novel written by the not-very-well-known author Beth Pattillo called Jane Austen ruined my life. Patillo is a fan of Jane Austen, to say the least, and I am one who has never read a Jane Austen book although I have seen a few movies (Sense & Sensibility, Emma, and parts of Pride and Prejudice).



I'm pretty sure I recommend the book, especially if you like Jane Austen novels. References to them lace the pages of the heroine's thoughts. The book begins kind of broad and vague, but I've noticed that all books by female authors are like that. Every time I start a book by a female author, I begin to tell myself to never read a book by a female again. How very betraying of me! Of course I neglect that thought after a few chapters in and can't put the book down.

Reading this book made me want to read all of Jane Austen's novels, and since I'm married, I won't have to worry about the loneliness of finishing the book and realizing my lack of a Mr. Knightley. I wonder, though, if Jane Austen's novels start so disappointedly as others I've read. I've heard they are long and cover a long period of time, as opposed to the 2-week journey I went through today. I guess I'll have to start reading to find out. How very girlish of me! I never thought I'd want to get caught up in books like this. Next thing you know I'll be drawing hearts around "Edward" when Derek isn't looking.



As I was looking for a picture of the acclaimed vampire, I noticed some similarities of the two Edwards. A different, more vampirical picture was chosen, but it scared me a bit, and I don't want it donning my blog page for the next few weeks. Maybe you don't see the similarities. It used to be that a pale face, textured skin, and sunken eyes weren't very hot. If so I'd be famous!


2 comments:

  1. Ahahaha. Girl! You are HILARIOUS!! You crack me up!! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! And I too have not read Jane Austen, but I have read people rave about her! I love your Edwards!

    ReplyDelete