02 June 2010

come downstairs and say hello

I just realized that I never told you what I got for my birthday from Derek (over a month ago). But first a story...

Sophomore year of college I had a beloved CD case full of my favorite CDs. Since I only bought CDs of my favorite bands, the case was priceless and worth a lot... at the same time. One night as my roommates, some boys, and I were galavanting around Rexburg, my roommate just so happen to lose my case of CDs. I had asked to hold on to them, and an hour later she didn't have them and didn't know where they were. Only possible outcome: She threw them out the window.

I was lucky enough to have some backed up on my computer, but not all. I'm poor, so I just did without. SO for my birthday my kick-butt husband gave me all 5 CDs of my favorite band Guster. Surprised! Thrilled! How awesome is that! I had mentioned it to him, and 4 years later he remembered. The real kicker is that I didn't suspect a thing. He's typically bad at hiding surprises like that from me. He's improving, and I'm impressed.



1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so excited for you! I know how much you have missed those cd's. Now when you come down here or I come up there, I will have to add them to my computer. That way, if they ever get thrown out the window, I can burn you copies.

    ReplyDelete