03 June 2010

eat, drink, and practice etiquette

Tonight Derek took me to an Etiquette Dinner on campus. A lady came and taught everyone how to sit down, greet people, eat your soup, and place you fork. It was actually pretty fun. I felt pretty good about my manners because my mom taught me very well.


The lady encouraged us to make conversation with the others at the table, and it was then that Derek decided that good conversation was better than the truth. Here are some of the LIES he shared with everyone at the table:

~He has seen the new Alice in Wonderland movie 5 times.
~I told him that he wouldn't get a home-cooked meal until he came to the Etiquette Dinner and learned some manners.

Here are the TRUTHS:

~He has never seen Alice in Wonderland, the new one OR the Disney version.
~He remembered that I mentioned that the Etiquette Dinner would be fun, so he bought the tickets about 2 weeks ahead of time without me asking.

There was one other lie he told about me which was a reflection on my character which is why I started this blog in the first place. But alas, I cannot remember. Anyway, aside from the conversation, the food, lessons, and company were great.

On a more celebratory note, today was my last day working for the Census Bureau!! Tomorrow I have one more meeting to turn in my things, and I will be done. I plan on having better days filled with positive encouragement from all around me and confidence in myself and all tasks at hand. They (whoever 'they' is) always say, "It's a hard job, but someone's gotta do it!" Well, ten years from now, no matter the situation, that 'someone' will NOT be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment