17 June 2010

Memoirs of a Wannabe Geisha

Every night this week we have had dress rehearsal for Opera Workshop.  I am in the Madam Butterfly scene as one of her attendants for her wedding preview.  The nine of us girls get to wear sorry excuses for kimonos, but our makeup is pretty fun.  white faces, pink eye shadow 9more like FACE shadow), lots of eye liner, a widow's peak, and small red lips.  I'm trying to wait until necessary for Derek to see because I know he's not a fan of that look.  Friday night it will be inevitable though.  I took a picture of my face last night, and well, it's pretty ugly. As odd as it looks up close, but eyes DO look a bit more Japanese from farther away.


Mary, Jon, Miss Melanie, and Mr Roy are coming up this weekend.  I'm so excited to have guests. I feel like I haven't seen them in FOREVER!  The hard part is that I now have to prepare the spare room/storage room.  There are heavy boxes to be moved, and I'm not home when Derek is until we're tired from a long day.  I'm sure I'll figure something out.



I have been able to make our room look more fun.  Derek really wants a Disney-themed room full of our adventures to Disneyland last April for our 'honeymoon.'  So I began to make that a reality for him.


He was pretty dang excited... and impressed with the sign I made.


Next semester the music department is putting on a full opera instead of opera scenes, so my chances of getting a lead went from 40% back down to 0%.  It kind of sucks.  I've been working super hard to get a lead, and I know I'm good enough. But it hasn't happened, and now it never will.  Story of my life.  Always in the choir in the school musicals.  They are doing Marriage of Figaro which only has about 4 girl parts anyway.  So all the divas will get there roles, and I'll get nothing again.  Oh to be a diva... I'd be able to get priceless experience that would help me tremendously in my musical career (whether I'm a performer or educator).

On a more exciting note, I'm going home in 11 days!

1 comment:

  1. I like the Geisha look. Cute. :) Oh, and you can be a diva. Just pretend to be mroe outgoing and powerful. Put yourself out there. You can do it! I know you can!

    ReplyDelete