30 June 2010

Sweet Home Mississippi

This week so far has been fun-filled.  Monday night after picking me up from the airport, the family and I went to Corky's Barbecue for dinner.  So GOOD!  Of course, right when I got home I got into my swimsuit and jumped in the pool. 

Tuesday was filled with shopping, mainly.  Old Navy, how I have missed thee.  We also went to the Nursery to get some plants for the wedding and reception.  After watching Reina get hyped up and dancing to the Michael Jackson video, we went to Liz's to set up for Tracy's bridal shower.  The house was packed full of ladies, young and old.  We had good food, fun games, and good food. 

At 11:00 p.m. we arrived at the movie theater to wait around for the long-anticipated Eclipse.  Surprisingly I liked it a lot better than the previous one.  I spent those hours asking Liz lots of questions about the plot and making fun of corny lines and goofy looks of hunger and lust.

After sleeping in until 10:00 this morning, I'm ready for another day of fun-filled family activity.  I'm planning on having lunch with Dad and practicing some music with Patti and Alex.  Tomorrow we'll be setting up the church and deck for the wedding and reception.  So far, a good week.

1 comment: