27 June 2010

pooka, wheat, water, meat

This weekend in preparation to leave my husband for a whole week was actually quite eventful.  Friday night we joined Matt Nelson and his date, Kim, on the lawn of the dorms on campus to watch Harvey starring James Stewart.  It was funny and insightful.  Very enjoyable.  With ten minutes left of the movie, the clouds rolled in bringing lots of thunder and lightning and a little bit of moisture.  So they cleaned up, and the four of us went to Derek's office in the MC to watch the last online.  I love 6'3" rabbits.

Saturday morning I made these really good wheat pancakes.  I got the recipe (and wheat berries) from a Preparedness Fair the stake held on Tuesday.  They were yummy.

Saturday afternoon we joined the rest of Rexburg at Porter Park for the Epic Waterfight.  It was awesome.  We have lots of pictures and video.  It was an event to remember.  East side (red) versus West side (blue).  We even bought t-shirts to prove it.  Afterwards Derek, Matt, and I went to Jamba Juice and Ricky Ray's BBQ.  The bbq place was recently opened by two students (one from NC, the other from FL) with some really good barbecue sauce.  We'd go again.

Saturday night after having burgers with Jackie and Adam, we enjoyed a James Bond movie (Die Another Day).  I know this post is just listing the events, but the awesomeness of the speak for themselves.

Sunday was filled with home teaching, church, Egg McMuffins (made by Derek...Mmm), lemon poppyseed muffins, and a new recipe...garlic shrimp and pasta (with homemade sauce).  All in all it was a delightsome weekend filled with good food, good friends, and fun activities.  Now I'm just waiting for morning to come.  I can't sleep.  I don't want to miss a moment with Derek AND I'm excited to leave at the same time.

I plan to post often this week so all (especially Leigh-Ann and Derek) will know what I'm up to back home for Tracy's wedding week.

No comments:

Post a Comment